Donors to VAF earn priority points that are used to determine their overall ranking among all donors. VAF uses the donor's points when assigning both ticket and parking locations. Priority points are recalculated each year and are activated when a current year pledge is made.
Priority Point Factors
Annual campaign commitment x .08
Lifetime dollars contributed to VAF since 1971 x .02
Lifetime dollars include all paid gifts to the Virginia Athletics Foundation: annual, capital and endowment gifts.
- 1st Period (Jan. 1-April 30) — Amount paid x .05
- 2nd Period (May 1-June 30) — Amount paid x .03
- 3rd Period (July 1-Sept. 30) — Amount paid x .01
* Payments must be received on or before the appropriate dates to qualify for bonus points.
Number of consecutive years of giving x 10
- 15-Year Reward — Donors who reach their 15th consecutive year of giving receive an additional 50 points.
- 25-Year Reward — Donors who reach their 25th consecutive year of giving receive an additional 100 points.
- 40-Year Reward — Donors who reach their 40th consecutive year of giving receive an additional 150 points.
The face value of bowl tickets purchased x .02 (beginning with the 2008 Gator Bowl).
Donors who increase their commitment by 10% over their 2012 gift receive bonus points (2013 pledge x .05)
For football and basketball, donors receive points for purchases dating back 20 years and a maximum of six years for all other sports that offer season tickets (these represent the number of years ticket data is available due to system upgrades and the way data has been stored). Donors will receive 5 points per year per sport for consecutive years of purchase (not per ticket).
Donors who make or have made a planned gift of $25,000 or more to benefit the athletics program (and have provided documentation that the Virginia Athletics Foundation is named as a revocable beneficiary) receive an additional 250 points.
John Paul Jones Arena Gifts
- Amount paid in 2004-05 x .02
- Amount paid in 2006 x .01
Indoor Practice Facility Gifts
- Amount paid by December 31, 2012 x .04
- Amount paid by December 31, 2013 x .03